It’s Meme Time!
So apparently, it’s meme time around the food blogs! I was pretty flattered to be tagged by Gretchen from Canela & Comino for a “5 Things” meme — I love what she cooks, and her photographs are always gorgeous! Being tagged for a meme is kind of a rite of passage in the blogosphere, and I was tickled to be tagged (say that 5 times fast!)
So here we go with my “5 things”:
1. I somehow always end up humming along to the music piped in over the loudspeakers in the grocery store. Usually this consists of 80′s and 90′s soft rock, and it amazes me to know that there is apparently part of my brain that remembers every lyric and note to these songs that I haven’t heard in about 15 years. The Whole Foods I used to shop in when we lived in Boston had a particularly good soundtrack; I used to bop down the aisles there, humming away. I don’t usually notice I’m doing it, though, until I sidle up to someone in the produce section to reach for, say, a head of kale, and they shoot me a surprised look. It does always put me in a good mood while I’m shopping, though!
2. I can peel an orange with my hands so that the peel comes off all in one piece.
3. Someday I hope to own a little flock of laying hens, tend a garden large enough to grow most of our own vegetables, and make all of our own bread (that I will bake in my outdoor wood-firing oven. Dream big!) And I’d like to try my hand at cheesemaking, too. Since we’re not there yet, I love to read books about people who’ve done this kind of thing: Fifty Acres and a Poodle, A Pig in Provence, and Animal Vegetable Miracle have been some of my recent favorites in the past few years.
4. I always cook to music. My favorite singer in general to cook with is Ella Fitzgerald; I just adore her. I usually just listen to a huge playlist of all my Ella CDs when cooking, but if I had to choose just one that’s my favorite, it’s Let’s Fall in Love.
5. I can recite all the prepositions in under 20 seconds. Don’t ask. Suffice it to say I had to learn them for 7th grade English class, and they’ve stuck ever since.
And now, after sharing my “5 things,” it’s time for me to tag some other bloggers!
Hope you’ll all consider participating!
“5 Thing” Meme Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs.